Learning How to Learn: The Hidden Barriers to Full Understanding and Mastery and How to Remove Them
We ask trainees today to master an incredible amount of technical information and new skills. We assume they come to training with the learning skills they need to be successful. Yet, these learning skills are often the missing link that explain why one student excels, another is bored, and yet another drops behind. Even the best trainer and instructional design don’t impact the outcome of training as profoundly as the learning skills of each trainee.
That is precisely why Effective Training Solutions offers this very unique program, a program missing from most curricula.
We’ve overseen the delivery of this amazing module to over 40,000 trainees in 30 countries.
All our clients report that Learning How to Learn empowers their trainees to get way more from all their other training. They see a clear difference before and after this program in their trainees’:
1. Eagerness to learn
2. Engagement during training
3. Completion rate
4. Full Comprehension and mastery
5. Ability to successfully apply what they’ve learned to their jobs
Learning How to Learn gives your trainees distinct tools so they take full ownership and responsibility for their learning. It turns them into very active learners who ensure they understand and master everything you teach them. This gives them true ownership, resulting in a higher quality learning experience for them, and a much better training experience for you ... a recipe which greatly increases your success.
Your trainees will learn:
- The eye-opening science of how to learn anything fast
- The 5 barriers that keep someone from mastering a subject & how to remove them
- How to get more meaning out of what they’re being taught
- How to stay actively engaged (keep from getting bored)
- How to rapidly get a grip on complex or technical material
- How to achieve complete conceptual understanding of the material
- How to remember what they’re learning
- How to master the subject and become expert quickly
Here is a small sampling of the feedback received from tens of thousands of trainees: